Thursday, February 26, 2009

Real Estate "Waiters"

I was interviewed the other day on 89.5 FM “the HAWK”. It is a brand new radio station that just started broadcasting in Chilliwack.I was on my way into an appointment to show a client a beautiful home up at “The Falls Golf Course and Resort”. I spoke to the reporter for about 5 minutes. She was asking me questions about the Real Estate Market. I quickly assumed that she was intending to create a story about how slow things are or how prices have dropped. I did not give her any material for that at all. I spoke about how Sellers have to be realistic about their home prices. How they have to be priced sharply and I expressed the concept that once they sell they may feel a little bit beat up but once they become the Buyer they will be able to be the “beater upper”. I explained that when people asked me questions a few years ago like “what happens if the market crashes?”well I would answer to them that all the people that paid too much in Surrey and Langley would come to Chilliwack. Now is the prime time to buy Real Estate in Chilliwack. Interest rates are very low and rental rates have increased so there is incredible opportunity for the smart Real Estate investor in Chilliwack. The only sound bite that came out was a comment I made about how we have less than 10% of the University operational and companies are here right now building their facilities and will be creating hundreds of jobs. We are insulated from the world trauma in the sense that we should be thriving in the valley. Somehow the media fear and the government shenanigans and the US mortgage fraudulant lending practices have caused the general public to be paralyzed. And now a lot of the population is struck by another disease called “analysis paralysis”. I told the reporter that I heard a large THAWUMPP this morning about 6am when I was waking up. I told her that I believed that that was the sound of the market hitting bottom and now it is time for people to get out there and make their next Real Estate move. I said that in jest but seriously, the only time that you really know if the Real Estate market has hit bottom is when you see prices rising. So the very thing that you fear is what will happen by waiting. As John Mayer puts it “we’re just waiting for the world to change”. When enough people take action change happens. Not by waiting for Barack Obama to make an incredible speech. Except for the people that give us wonderful service in restaurants we have to stop being “waiters”. Check out our website to learn more about Buying and Selling Real Estate in Chilliwack at www.happyhomesbc.ca.

No comments:

Post a Comment